Apple making huge blunder hiring Tesla “Autopilot” engineer
Reference article — Apple hires Tesla’s former Autopilot software director https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/6/22766733/apple-tesla-hiring-former-autopilot-software-director-musk
Hey Apple, the press and pretty much the whole industry, the reason Tesla is failing is NOT due to bad execution of the right approach. It is due to the wrong approach.
Yes, Tesla is doing some things far worse than the rest (covered in my articles below) and killing more people as a result. But do not be fooled. The rest MUST eventually kill people as well. Or they can never reach LEGITIMATE L4. (Which I see Waymo, and Cruise get since they declared they are L4. With ZERO proof of full capabilities, especially crash cases learned.
Making CJ Moore out to be different, competent or a hero is a dangerous joke. First, he still espouses the same failed overall development approach, use and needless sacrifice of human Guinea pigs as Tesla. Second, why didn’t he go to the press, DoT IG etc years ago and stop Tesla before they killed more people? No, this guy is a bad human being, incompetent, has zero ethical fortitude and is simply trying to CYA and keep the money flowing. Apple is making a massive mistake here. Usually, they rise above this kind of recklessness, hype, incompetence, and dirge of ethical fortitude.
Below are a couple articles that explain my POV in more detail.
The Most Dangerous, Deceitful and Deadly days in the Autonomous Vehicle Industry are upon us
The Autonomous Vehicle Industry can be Saved by doing the Opposite of what is being done now to create this technology
The Deadly Industry, NHTSA and NTSB “Autopilot” Name Change Diversion
The NTSB frets over human Guinea pigs then chastises and punts to the even more reckless NHTSA
My name is Michael DeKort — I am a former system engineer, engineering, and program manager for Lockheed Martin. I worked in aircraft simulation, the software engineering manager for all of NORAD, the Aegis Weapon System, and on C4ISR for DHS.
Industry Participation — Air and Ground
- Founder SAE On-Road Autonomous Driving Simulation Task Force
- Member SAE ORAD Verification and Validation Task Force
- Member UNECE WP.29 SG2 Virtual Testing
- Stakeholder USDOT VOICES (Virtual Open Innovation Collaborative Environment for Safety)
- Member SAE G-34 / EUROCAE WG-114 Artificial Intelligence in Aviation
- Member CIVATAglobal — Civic Air Transport Association
- Stakeholder for UL4600 — Creating AV Safety Guidelines
- Member of the IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems Policy Committee
- Presented the IEEE Barus Ethics Award for Post 9/11 DoD/DHS Whistleblowing Efforts