“In retrospect, there’s no way this could have worked,” a WeWork software engineer told the magazine. “People were high … It seems insane now, but at the time it made so much sense.”
That is a quote from the Business Insider article — ‘It seems insane now’: WeWork employees bought into cofounder Adam Neumann’s vision but grew worried as red flags mounted
So, what are the insane parts?
· Public shadow and safety driving is the best, only or even tenable method to conduct most development and testing.
· The injuries and deaths caused by safety driving, including the thousands to come when accident scenarios are learned, are necessary and for the greater good.
· Most of the real world cannot be replaced by simulation
· The simulation technology in this industry and gaming-based technology are the most advanced
Of course, none of these is remotely true. And I mean nearly flat earth, Theranos ridiculous.
There will come a time when everyone involved in this will distance themselves from this like the GOP will from Trump someday.
You can find more in my articles here
Autonomous Vehicles Need to Have Accidents to Develop this Technology
Proposal for Successfully Creating an Autonomous Ground or Air Vehicle
Without DoD simulation technology Autonomous Vehicles cannot be created or created Legally
Using the Real World is better than Proper Simulation for AV Development — NONSENSE
- https://medium.com/@imispgh/using-the-real world-is-better-than-proper-simulation-for-autonomous-vehicle-development-nonsense-90cde4ccc0ce
Simulation can create a Complete Digital Twin of the Real World if DoD/Aerospace Technology is used
- https://medium.com/@imispgh/simulation-can-create-a-complete-digital-twin-of-the-real world-if-dod-aerospace-technology-is-used-c79a64551647
The Hype of Geofencing for Autonomous Vehicles
SAE Autonomous Vehicle Engineering Magazine — End Public Shadow/Safety Driving
Former system engineer, engineering and program manager for Lockheed Martin. Including aircraft simulation, the software engineering manager for all of NORAD and the Aegis Weapon System.
Key Autonomous Vehicle Industry Participation
- Lead — SAE On-Road Autonomous Driving (ORAD) Simulation Task Force
- Member SAE ORAD Verification and Validation Task Force
- SME — DIN/SAE International Alliance for Mobility Testing & Standardization group to create sensor simulation specs
- Stakeholder for UL4600 — Creating AV Safety Guidelines
- Member of the IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems Policy Committee
- Presented the IEEE Barus Ethics Award for Post 9/11 DoD/DHS Efforts
My company is Dactle — We are building an aerospace/DoD/FAA level D, full L4/5 simulation-based development and testing system with an end-state scenario matrix to address all of these issues. We can supply all of the scenarios, the scenario matrix tool, the data, the integrated simulation or any part of this system. A true all model type digital twin. If someone would like to see a demo or discuss this further please let me know.