Judge rules Tesla “autopilot” false advertising lawsuit can proceed
Judge Anderle concluded in his ruling that the Filippinis have sufficiently stated their allegations of fraud and violation of the Consumer Legal Remedies Act and that the case may eventually be heard by a jury, if it is not settled out of court first.
This could be massive if these folks do not settle. I believe this means they now move to discovery. Which means getting documents and holding depositions. That should include not only what the exact issues or capabilities the system actually has, but opinions on when or if “autopilot” and full self-driving” would be complete. It would also likely involve information tied to raising the cost of the features and if there was ever justification for it. And finally, it should open the flood gates to what was going on behind the scenes relative to all the crashes and deaths.
More detail here
The Autonomous Vehicle Industry can be Saved by doing the Opposite of what is being done now to create this technology
Tesla’s “rapid improvement with pure vision” “autopilot” update is another grossly negligent dud
Tesla “autopilot” development effort needs to be stopped and people held accountable
Tesla “Autopilot” killed a teenager in 2019 — Do we really need it to be a young child or family?
Elon admits “autopilot” development was harder than expected, but he, nor anyone else actually gets it yet
The NTSB frets over human Guinea pigs then chastises and punts to the even more reckless NHTSA
My name is Michael DeKort — I am a former system engineer, engineering and program manager for Lockheed Martin. I worked in aircraft simulation, the software engineering manager for all of NORAD, the Aegis Weapon System, and on C4ISR for DHS.
Industry Participation — Air and Ground
- Founder SAE On-Road Autonomous Driving Simulation Task Force
- Member SAE ORAD Verification and Validation Task Force
- Member UNECE WP.29 SG2 Virtual Testing
- Stakeholder USDOT VOICES (Virtual Open Innovation Collaborative Environment for Safety)
- Member SAE G-34 / EUROCAE WG-114 Artificial Intelligence in Aviation
- Member CIVATAglobal — Civic Air Transport Association
- Stakeholder for UL4600 — Creating AV Safety Guidelines
- Member of the IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems Policy Committee
- Presented the IEEE Barus Ethics Award for Post 9/11 DoD/DHS Whistleblowing Efforts