Musk moves Tesla “Autopilot” and “FSD” quality level and delivery date bars yet again
Once again Elon Musk has moved the bars. This time downgrading both the date and quality level. We now have L4 in 2022.
Of course, that’s not only impossible for 2022, but it is also impossible for all time (This also applies to the industry as do the first two items below)
· General and Deep Learning are nowhere near where they need to be for the complexity of this domain
· One cannot rely on human Guinea pigs, the real-world and gaming-based simulation technology for most development and testing
· The camera sensor system is reckless and incompetent
Musk’s repeated lies and incompetence — From reporter Russ Mitchell
Q2 2017: Level 5 FSD by 2019
Q2 2019: Level 5 FSD by 2020
Q3 2020: Level 5 FSD by 2020
Q4 2020: Level 5 FSD by 2021
Q1 2021: Level 5 FSD by 2021
Q2 2021: Level 5 FSD by 2021
Q4 2021: Level 4 FSD by 2022
More on my POV here. Including how to do this right.
Tesla “autopilot” development effort needs to be stopped and people held accountable
The Autonomous Vehicle Industry can be Saved by doing the Opposite of what is being done now to create this technology
How the failed Iranian hostage rescue in 1980 can save the Autonomous Vehicle industry
Nostradamus? SAE Autonomous Vehicle Magazine declares I am “Prescient”
USDOT introduces VOICES Proof of Concept for Autonomous Vehicle Industry-A Paradigm Shift?
My name is Michael DeKort — I am a former system engineer, engineering, and program manager for Lockheed Martin. I worked in aircraft simulation, the software engineering manager for all of NORAD, the Aegis Weapon System, and on C4ISR for DHS.
Industry Participation — Air and Ground
- Founder SAE On-Road Autonomous Driving Simulation Task Force
- Member SAE ORAD Verification and Validation Task Force
- Member UNECE WP.29 SG2 Virtual Testing
- Stakeholder USDOT VOICES (Virtual Open Innovation Collaborative Environment for Safety)
- Member SAE G-34 / EUROCAE WG-114 Artificial Intelligence in Aviation
- Member CIVATAglobal — Civic Air Transport Association
- Stakeholder for UL4600 — Creating AV Safety Guidelines
- Member of the IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems Policy Committee
- Presented the IEEE Barus Ethics Award for Post 9/11 DoD/DHS Whistleblowing Efforts