NHTSA Downplays Tesla Loss of Radar Safety Issues in Expedited Process Filing
Plainsite filing and NHTSA response — https://twitter.com/PlainSite/status/1402280828470579203?s=20
In spite of a litany of crashes, injuries, deaths and videos of extremely dangerous situations NHTSA sees no big problem in Tesla making things worse by removing radar.
· At least 9 people killed needlessly by flawed “autopilot” and AEB
· Hitting a plethora of stationary and crossing objects including 7 police cars, with one shoved into an ambulance. The other objects include fire trucks, passenger cars, tow truck, street sweeper, trailers, barriers, and people.
· The system creating traffic lights that do not exist — https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/nqhgn7/tesla_model_3_display_bug_solved/
· The system creating a tractor trailer in a tunnel that does not exist — https://twitter.com/PlainSite/status/1402280828470579203?s=20
· Tesla admitted the system is degraded with radar removal.
Clearly, NHTSA is not going to do a thing until a family or child is killed needlessly. NHTSA is an accomplice here. A grossly negligent party who will be party to manslaughter at best.
More details here
Tesla “autopilot” development effort needs to be stopped and people held accountable
Tesla admits loss of Radar degrades the system-Even Brad Templeton understands ditching it is foolish
Elon says new “full self-driving” release is coming with no radar and safety is “confirmed”
Tesla ditching radar and Elon’s explanation show us how bad and how deadly this system is
Elon Musk is now telling us a legitimate “Autopilot” and “Full Self-Driving will never exist
Tesla Director of Autopilot Software says Elon’s statement about “Autopilot” capabilities does not match engineering reality
The Autonomous Vehicle Industry can be Saved by doing the Opposite of what is being done now to create this technology
USDOT introduces VOICES Proof of Concept for Autonomous Vehicle Industry-A Paradigm Shift?
My name is Michael DeKort — I am a former system engineer, engineering, and program manager for Lockheed Martin. I worked in aircraft simulation, the software engineering manager for all of NORAD, the Aegis Weapon System, and on C4ISR for DHS.
Industry Participation — Air and Ground
- Founder SAE On-Road Autonomous Driving Simulation Task Force
- Member SAE ORAD Verification and Validation Task Force
- Member UNECE WP.29 SG2 Virtual Testing
- Stakeholder USDOT VOICES (Virtual Open Innovation Collaborative Environment for Safety)
- Member SAE G-34 / EUROCAE WG-114 Artificial Intelligence in Aviation
- Member CIVATAglobal — Civic Air Transport Association
- Stakeholder for UL4600 — Creating AV Safety Guidelines
- Member of the IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems Policy Committee
- Presented the IEEE Barus Ethics Award for Post 9/11 DoD/DHS Whistleblowing Efforts