Now we have teenage truckers — Not a single autonomous trucking company has a system that can drive better?
Reference article — Teen Truckers Are Taking to the Streets, and Safety Advocates Are Worried
Yes, it’s a rhetorical question. Of course, they can’t. Aurora and Waymo shifted to the simpler ODD’s thinking that would be enough. Starsky went bankrupt trying. Then we have the others like TuSimple, Embark, Daimler, Volvo, Plus AI, Einride, Kodiak, Gatik, Locomation, Nuro etc. No one has a system capable of driving better than an 18-year-old, especially in crash and corner case scenarios.
Driverless Vehicle Makers are Switching to Trucks to make things Easier — It’s Nowhere Near Enough
More in my articles here
The Autonomous Vehicle Industry can be Saved by doing the Opposite of what is being done now to create this technology
The Hype of Geofencing for Autonomous Vehicles
How the failed Iranian hostage rescue in 1980 can save the Autonomous Vehicle industry
Simulation can create a Complete Digital Twin of the Real World if DoD/Aerospace Technology is used
- https://medium.com/@imispgh/simulation-can-create-a-complete-digital-twin-of-the-real world-if-dod-aerospace-technology-is-used-c79a64551647
Using the Real World is better than Proper Simulation for AV Development — NONSENSE
- https://medium.com/@imispgh/using-the-real world-is-better-than-proper-simulation-for-autonomous-vehicle-development-nonsense-90cde4ccc0ce
My name is Michael DeKort — I am a former system engineer, engineering, and program manager for Lockheed Martin. I worked in aircraft simulation, the software engineering manager for all of NORAD, the Aegis Weapon System, and on C4ISR for DHS.
Industry Participation — Air and Ground
- Founder SAE On-Road Autonomous Driving Simulation Task Force
- Member SAE ORAD Verification and Validation Task Force
- Member UNECE WP.29 SG2 Virtual Testing
- Stakeholder USDOT VOICES (Virtual Open Innovation Collaborative Environment for Safety)
- Member SAE G-34 / EUROCAE WG-114 Artificial Intelligence in Aviation
- Member CIVATAglobal — Civic Air Transport Association
- Stakeholder for UL4600 — Creating AV Safety Guidelines
- Member of the IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems Policy Committee