Tesla “Full Self-Driving” “Level 5” “beta” fails multiple ways in 7-minute drive
Noted Issues — All of this took place in 7 uninterrupted minutes
· :50 — Thinks the road is 2 way
· 1:43 — Missed left turn
· 2:05 — Was going to crash making late left turn
· 3:30 — Drivers mention they are getting sick from the drifting
· 3:30 — Would have hit curb on the right side while making right hand turn
· 3:50 — Thinks the road is 2 way again
· 4:55 — Drifts too far to the right
· 6:35 — Did not detect crossing car
Elon said it would be “capable of zero intervention. Well . . . I guess he’s correct because there were several seconds in a row it drove correctly without a disengagement.
WHAT A RECKLESS FRAUDULENT JOKE
Look, I get a lot of work went into this. And for something so hard to do, made way harder by no LiDAR, a poor scanning radar and no HD Maps (?), it has impressive moments. But it no not Level 5. And is nowhere near L4. ALL OF THESE SCENARIOS WERE EVERYDAY DRIVING. All of the 750k Tesla owners with this feature should be able to do these things every day for a very long time. There were no real edge or corner cases nor long tails here. This things has no place whatsoever on the road especially using human Guinea pigs with a pathetic driver monitoring system that basically wants you to avoid disengaging so you can have accidents and train the system to one day, after having many more of them, avoids or best handles accidents.
I guess NHTSA and the NTSB are going to require the first child or family to die, in addition to the six people Tesla has already killed, to stop this????????????
More in my articles here
Tesla’s Reckless and Fraudulent L5 “beta” version is out-And so is the Pump
Elon Musk backed himself into a L5 corner (case)
Tesla “autopilot” development effort needs to be stopped and people arrested
Forget Tesla’s “autopilot” their Automatic Emergency Braking is a Debacle
The Autonomous Vehicle Industry can be Saved by doing the Opposite of what is being done now to create this technology
Proposal for Successfully Creating an Autonomous Ground or Air Vehicle
SAE Autonomous Vehicle Engineering Magazine — Simulation’s Next Generation (featuring Dactle)
Simulation can create a Complete Digital Twin of the Real World if DoD/Aerospace Technology is used
- https://medium.com/@imispgh/simulation-can-create-a-complete-digital-twin-of-the-real world-if-dod-aerospace-technology-is-used-c79a64551647
Using the Real World is better than Proper Simulation for AV Development — NONSENSE
My name is Michael DeKort — I am a former system engineer, engineering and program manager for Lockheed Martin. I worked in aircraft simulation, the software engineering manager for all of NORAD, the Aegis Weapon System, and on C4ISR for DHS.
Key Industry Participation
- Founder SAE On-Road Autonomous Driving Simulation Task Force
- Member SAE ORAD Verification and Validation Task Force
- Stakeholder for UL4600 — Creating AV Safety Guidelines
- Member of the IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems Policy Committee (AI&ASPC)
- Presented the IEEE Barus Ethics Award for Post 9/11 Efforts
My company is Dactle
We are building an aerospace/DoD/FAA level D, full L4/5 simulation-based testing and AI system with an end-state scenario matrix to address several of the critical issues in the AV/OEM industry I mentioned in my articles below. This includes replacing 99.9% of public shadow and safety driving. As well as dealing with significant real-time, model fidelity and loading/scaling issues caused by using gaming engines and other architectures. (Issues Unity will confirm. We are now working together. We are also working with UAV companies). If not remedied these issues will lead to false confidence and performance differences between what the Plan believes will happen and what actually happens. If someone would like to see a demo or discuss this further please let me know.