Tesla is now using Customer Guinea pigs to learn how to handle Crosswalks in addition to Stop Signs and Lights — Beyond Reckless and Avoidable
New article on the new Crosswalk “feature” — https://insideevs.com/news/423048/video-tesla-crosswalk-controls-be-careful/amp/
My article on the insane process of using human test subjects to learn how to handle red light
Tesla using Human Guinea Pigs to Test Autopilot Traffic Light and Stop Sign Development — What Could Go Wrong?
Wow!!!!!!! Let’s use humans to train a machine how to handle intersections, red lights, stop signs and crosswalks IN THE REAL WORLD??????
This is insane, negligent, needless, and avoidable if the right simulation technology is used
More in my articles here
The Autonomous Vehicle Industry can be Saved by doing the Opposite of what is being done now to create this technology
Proposal for Successfully Creating an Autonomous Ground or Air Vehicle
Simulation can create a Complete Digital Twin of the Real World if DoD/Aerospace Technology is used
- https://medium.com/@imispgh/simulation-can-create-a-complete-digital-twin-of-the-real world-if-dod-aerospace-technology-is-used-c79a64551647
Autonomous Vehicles Need to Have Accidents to Develop this Technology
Using the Real World is better than Proper Simulation for AV Development — NONSENSE
- https://medium.com/@imispgh/using-the-real world-is-better-than-proper-simulation-for-autonomous-vehicle-development-nonsense-90cde4ccc0ce
My name is Michael DeKort — I am a former system engineer, engineering and program manager for Lockheed Martin. I worked in aircraft simulation, the software engineering manager for all of NORAD, the Aegis Weapon System, and on C4ISR for DHS.
Key Industry Participation
- Lead — SAE On-Road Autonomous Driving SAE Model and Simulation Task
- Member SAE ORAD Verification and Validation Task Force
- Member DIN/SAE International Alliance for Mobility Testing & Standardization (IAMTS) Sensor Simulation Specs
- Stakeholder for UL4600 — Creating AV Safety Guidelines
- Member of the IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems Policy Committee (AI&ASPC)
- Presented the IEEE Barus Ethics Award for Post 9/11 Efforts
My company is Dactle
We are building an aerospace/DoD/FAA level D, full L4/5 simulation-based testing and AI system with an end-state scenario matrix to address several of the critical issues in the AV/OEM industry I mentioned in my articles below. This includes replacing 99.9% of public shadow and safety driving. As well as dealing with significant real-time, model fidelity and loading/scaling issues caused by using gaming engines and other architectures. (Issues Unity will confirm. We are now working together. We are also working with UAV companies). If not remedied these issues will lead to false confidence and performance differences between what the Plan believes will happen and what actually happens. If someone would like to see a demo or discuss this further please let me know.