Tesla’s Reckless and Fraudulent L5 “beta” version is out-And so is the Pump
Well now we have it. The “beta” Full Self Driving (FSD) from Tesla is out. Of course, the hedges Elon Musk applies are off the charts. (Something he made far worse than he needed to when he declared the system would be SAE Level 5 this year. An insane thing to do. More on that in my articles below.)
· “Full Self-Driving is in early limited access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent.”
· This is what Elon said when Teslarati story said FSD would be released “by the end of the year” — “Dependent on proving high safety”
· Elon referred to the capabilities as — “capable of zero intervention”
And we see the usual post hype pump for money. I believe this takes it from the original $3k to $10k? From Elon’s tweet — “Now that Tesla FSD beta is out in limited release, FSD price (new or upgrade) will go up by ~$2k on Monday”
So. . .you do realize “capable” means literally NOTHING right?
And exactly what is “high safety”? (I will forgo the obvious weed jokes). I believe this hedge is the best one of all. Way better than the virtually non-existent regulation Elon says he has to conform to. (There are some legitimate issues in the EU. But not in the US where there is ZERO safety regulation or testing for passenger vehicles.) The definition of “high” could simply be never ending.
All this does is create more false confidence. Which will lead to more unearned trust, drivers over trusting the system, accidents, and deaths. Unfortunately, this will likely not end until the first child or family is killed needlessly. The 7 adults killed to date are not good enough to shock us into stopping this. (One in an Uber).
More in my articles here
Elon Musk backed himself into a L5 corner (case)
Tesla “autopilot” development effort needs to be stopped and people arrested
Forget Tesla’s “autopilot” their Automatic Emergency Braking is a Debacle
The Autonomous Vehicle Industry can be Saved by doing the Opposite of what is being done now to create this technology
Proposal for Successfully Creating an Autonomous Ground or Air Vehicle
SAE Autonomous Vehicle Engineering Magazine — Simulation’s Next Generation (featuring Dactle)
Simulation can create a Complete Digital Twin of the Real World if DoD/Aerospace Technology is used
- https://medium.com/@imispgh/simulation-can-create-a-complete-digital-twin-of-the-real world-if-dod-aerospace-technology-is-used-c79a64551647
Using the Real World is better than Proper Simulation for AV Development — NONSENSE
My name is Michael DeKort — I am a former system engineer, engineering and program manager for Lockheed Martin. I worked in aircraft simulation, the software engineering manager for all of NORAD, the Aegis Weapon System, and on C4ISR for DHS.
Key Industry Participation
- Founder SAE On-Road Autonomous Driving Simulation Task Force
- Member SAE ORAD Verification and Validation Task Force
- Stakeholder for UL4600 — Creating AV Safety Guidelines
- Member of the IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems Policy Committee (AI&ASPC)
- Presented the IEEE Barus Ethics Award for Post 9/11 Efforts
My company is Dactle
We are building an aerospace/DoD/FAA level D, full L4/5 simulation-based testing and AI system with an end-state scenario matrix to address several of the critical issues in the AV/OEM industry I mentioned in my articles below. This includes replacing 99.9% of public shadow and safety driving. As well as dealing with significant real-time, model fidelity and loading/scaling issues caused by using gaming engines and other architectures. (Issues Unity will confirm. We are now working together. We are also working with UAV companies). If not remedied these issues will lead to false confidence and performance differences between what the Plan believes will happen and what actually happens