Wow!!!!!!!!!! So many companies getting the SAE L4 withing a couple months of each other. More will come soon as the hype and desperation domino tumbling picks up speed.
· Elon Musk promised L5 this year (And just yesterday said next year. I assume the price of the bait and switch will go up any day now.)
· Waymo says it is fully autonomous in Chandler
· Cruise has “Fully Autonomous Fridays” and the safety driver is gone with a kill switch operator in the passenger seat.
· Yandex in Russia does the same as Cruise
· Motional says it will have fully autonomous cars in Nevada very soon
· AutoX in China says they are there too
· And now so is Baidu
· Zoox and Voyage appear to pop any day now
Of course, NONE of them provides any significant proof of their capabilities. You know why Tesla, Uber and Lyft can’t say they have something they don’t? They don’t use employees as Guinea pigs they can control. Tesla uses its customers and the rideshare folks would not be able to silence their customers. This funding pump will not make it through the new year.
More in my articles here
The Autonomous Vehicle Industry can be Saved by doing the Opposite of what is being done now
Be Wary of Waymo’s New Safety Record and Brad Templeton’s Declaration the System is Superhuman and should be Deployed Today
SAE Autonomous Vehicle Engineering Magazine — Simulation’s Next Generation (featuring Dactle)
Autonomous Vehicle Industry’s Self-Inflicted and Avoidable Collapse — Ongoing Update
Proposal for Successfully Creating an Autonomous Ground or Air Vehicle
Simulation can create a Complete Digital Twin of the Real World if DoD/Aerospace Technology is used
Simulation Photorealism is almost Irrelevant for Autonomous Vehicle Development and Testing
Autonomous Vehicles Need to Have Accidents to Develop this Technology
Using the Real World is better than Proper Simulation for AV Development — NONSENSE
The Hype of Geofencing for Autonomous Vehicles
SAE Autonomous Vehicle Engineering Magazine — End Public Shadow/Safety Driving
My name is Michael DeKort — I am a former system engineer, engineering and program manager for Lockheed Martin. I worked in aircraft simulation, the software engineering manager for all of NORAD, the Aegis Weapon System, and on C4ISR for DHS.
Key Industry Participation
- Founder SAE On-Road Autonomous Driving Simulation Task Force
- Member SAE ORAD Verification and Validation Task Force
- Stakeholder for UL4600 — Creating AV Safety Guidelines
- Member of the IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems Policy Committee (AI&ASPC)
- Presented the IEEE Barus Ethics Award for Post 9/11 Efforts
My company is Dactle
We are building an aerospace/DoD/FAA level D, full L4/5 simulation-based testing and AI system with an end-state scenario matrix to address several of the critical issues in the AV/OEM industry I mentioned in my articles below. This includes replacing 99.9% of public shadow and safety driving. As well as dealing with significant real-time, model fidelity and loading/scaling issues caused by using gaming engines and other architectures. (Issues Unity will confirm. We are now working together. We are also working with UAV companies). If not remedied these issues will lead to false confidence and performance differences between what the Plan believes will happen and what actually happens. If someone would like to see a demo or discuss this further please let me know.