The story — Waymo to lose its CFO and head of automotive partnerships
Several folks in leadership have left in the past 5 months
· John Krafcik CEO
· Ger Dwyer CFO
· Adam Frost Head of Automotive Partnerships and Corporate Development
· Deborah Hersman Chief Safety Officer
· Tim Willis Head of Manufacturing, Global Supply and General Manager of their LiDAR business
· Sheryl House Treasurer and Head of Investor Relations
I thought Waymo was L4 now and the leader in the space and on their way to making money?
I know, it’s all coincidental and not a sign that Waymo is not really L4, will never be due to the development method and poor simulation they use, and the industry is not collapsing.
More in my articles below. Including how to avoid all of this:
Autonomous Vehicle Industry’s Self-Inflicted and Avoidable Collapse — Ongoing Update
The Autonomous Vehicle Industry can be Saved by doing the Opposite of what is being done now
Waymo says it doesn’t cut corners and that’s a big problem
If Waymo is really L4, why are they hiding data from Chandler residents and the rest of us? Autonowashing?
Be Wary of Waymo’s New Safety Record and Brad Templeton’s Declaration the System is Superhuman and should be Deployed Today
SAE Autonomous Vehicle Engineering Magazine — Simulation’s Next Generation (featuring Dactle)
My name is Michael DeKort — I am a former system engineer, engineering and program manager for Lockheed Martin. I worked in aircraft simulation, the software engineering manager for all of NORAD, the Aegis Weapon System, and on C4ISR for DHS.
Key Autonomous Vehicle Industry Participation
- Founder SAE On-Road Autonomous Driving Simulation Task Force
- Member SAE ORAD Verification and Validation Task Force
- Stakeholder USDOT VOICES (Virtual Open Innovation Collaborative Environment for Safety)
- Member SAE G-34 / EUROCAE WG-114 Artificial Intelligence in Aviation
- Stakeholder for UL4600 — Creating AV Safety Guidelines
- Member of the IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems Policy Committee
- Presented the IEEE Barus Ethics Award for Post 9/11 DoD/DHS Whistleblowing Efforts
My company is Dactle
We are building an aerospace/DoD/FAA level D, full L4/5 simulation-based testing and AI system with an end-state scenario matrix to address several of the critical issues in the AV/OEM industry I mentioned in my articles below. This includes replacing 99.9% of public shadow and safety driving. As well as dealing with significant real-time, model fidelity and loading/scaling issues caused by using gaming engines and other architectures. (Issues Unity will confirm. We are now working together. We are also working with UAV companies). If not remedied these issues will lead to false confidence and performance differences between what the Plan believes will happen and what actually happens. If someone would like to see a demo or discuss this further please let me know.