Wanted — Autonomous Vehicle Engineers who want to create a legitimate autonomous vehicle, not use human test subjects and actually save lives
I believe there are enough of you out there to create a Dark Horse. I am looking for folks described by the following;
• Tired of the Hype and the Echo Chamber
• Want to create a legitimate driverless vehicle in their lifetime
• Have no interest in using human Guinea pigs or Kamikaze drivers, especially children, the handicapped, the elderly etc — Harming and even killing people for no reason.
• Realize that Public Shadow and “Safety” Driving is untenable and can never get remotely close to creating a legitimate autonomous vehicle.
• Realize that handover/L2/L3 cannot be made safe in time critical scenarios.
• Are tired of misleading metrics like miles driven or disengagements
• Don’t want to work insane hours, doing something impossible, to cover for leadership’s poor judgment.
• Are open to 99.9% of the development and testing being done in simulation if a legitimate and complete digital twin can be made.
• Are open to the fact that the simulation technology used in this industry is inadequate. And DoD simulation technology provides the answer.
If this is you or you would like to discuss this further and see proof DoD simulation technology can create a legitimate digital twin, please reach out to us. We are aware the situation requires the utmost discretion.
An outline of our approach
Proposal for Successfully Creating an Autonomous Ground or Air Vehicle
Autonomous Vehicles Need to Have Accidents to Develop this Technology
Using the Real World is better than Proper Simulation for AV Development — NONSENSE
Simulation can create a Complete Digital Twin of the Real World if DoD/Aerospace Technology is used
The Hype of Geofencing for Autonomous Vehicles
SAE Autonomous Vehicle Engineering Magazine — End Public Shadow/Safety Driving
My name is Michael DeKort — I am a former system engineer, engineering and program manager for Lockheed Martin. I worked in aircraft simulation, the software engineering manager for all of NORAD, the Aegis Weapon System, and on C4ISR for DHS.
Key Industry Participation
- Lead — SAE On-Road Autonomous Driving SAE Model and Simulation Task
- Member SAE ORAD Verification and Validation Task Force
- Member DIN/SAE International Alliance for Mobility Testing & Standardization (IAMTS) Sensor Simulation Specs
- Stakeholder for UL4600 — Creating AV Safety Guidelines
- Member of the IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems Policy Committee (AI&ASPC)
- Presented the IEEE Barus Ethics Award for Post 9/11 Efforts
My company is Dactle
We are building an aerospace/DoD/FAA level D, full L4/5 simulation-based testing and AI system with an end-state scenario matrix to address several of the critical issues in the AV/OEM industry I mentioned in my articles below. This includes replacing 99.9% of public shadow and safety driving. As well as dealing with significant real-time, model fidelity and loading/scaling issues caused by using gaming engines and other architectures. (Issues Unity will confirm. We are now working together. We are also working with UAV companies). If not remedied these issues will lead to false confidence and performance differences between what the Plan believes will happen and what actually happens. If someone would like to see a demo or discuss this further please let me know.